Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Things lately...

So it has been 3 weeks today since my surgery! I have to say I am feeling pretty good!! My surgery day took sooo long to come and I was so nervous but now that it is behind me and I am on the recovery side things are looking good! I still have things I am dealing with that I really hate but at least I can say I think it was worth all this pain and I think it will help me a lot in my future! I never thought I would hear myself say this but I am glad I did this....I just hope my body is healing the way it should be on the inside and I don't regret saying those words haha! Everyday I am getting more and more independent, like for example last Friday I was able to put my sock on by myself haha. I can't do it when I am sitting on my bed or a chair but I have this little step stool that we have beside our bed for our dog buddy to get on our bed with and if I sit on that because I am so close to the ground that I can put my sock on. It isn't the easiest but I can still do it haha. Today I was also able to out myself in the shower on my bath stool. I couldn't get myself out so Kyle had to come home and help me but that's ok. One step at a time right :)
We are going to Calgary today after Kyle is done work because I have my first follow up appointment with my surgeon Dr. Buckley tomorrow at noon. He is going to do some
X-rays and we are going to talk about how everything is going I guess! I am excited. I got some x-rays done about a week ago but I am excited to hear what my doctor thinks. They are going to give me copies of my x-rays so I will have to stick a picture of it in my journal. It is kind if interesting!! Anyways wish me luck!!
It is also my sister Mindy's birthday today!! It was really to bad because she has been visiting us in Cranbrook for the past month and just had to leave on Saturday! We went out for dinner the night before she left but its to bad we didnt get to spend her birthday with her. But If it was me I would want to go and spend it with my husband to! I miss her already and it has only been a few days! But I just wanted to give a shout out saying how much I love her and that she will always have a special place in my heart!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Progress is good Liss!!!!! And... NOTHINH like a Sister you love to be around!!!! I have a SPECIAL Sister too!! :) And she happens to be your MOM!!! I LOVE the time we spend together! :)

Rach Williams said...

I'm so glad that things are recovering and going well. surgery is the worst!! Keep that husband waiting on you as long as you can :)