|I loved his invitations!! Our party theme was Bubble Guppies!! It is a children's show that is only a few years old and Noah loves it! It was one of my nephew Logan's favourite shows so Noah was exposed to it early haha! He loves all the music!|
Tuesday, July 9, 2013
Posted by The Batter Bowl at 4:22 PM
Monday, July 8, 2013
Ready or not my baby boy is 1 already!! It is a really weird feeling because I feel like it hasn’t been a year already but at the same time I feel like he was been a part of my life forever!! I always knew I wanted to be a mom one day and I am so grateful for Noah in my life!! Even on the hard days the good days far out weigh them!! He brings so much joy into my life. He has caused me to learn to just sit and enjoy the smallest of moments because they come and go so quickly if you don’t stop you just miss them. He is such a little ball of fire he doesn’t stop moving very often haha! He is also very loud and noisy. He likes to talk and be apart of all the action. But honestly I can’t complain because he is one of the happiest babies I have ever met!! I really cannot believe how fast this past year has gone by though. As I have gotten older the years have seemed to go by much quicker but now that I am watching the time through my son it goes way faster!! I now completely understand when my mom has said things like she wishes she could go back to when we were little for a day just to enjoy it again!! I already miss my little newborn baby but I love the stage he is at! He is so much fun. You can play rough with him and be crazy.
Here are few things about Noah this past month:
- This isn’t new but he loves anything that has wheels, or moves, and makes noise. Whenever he plays with his cars or trucks he makes driving noises. It is really funny!
- Kyle also taught him this past month how to give high fives. He only gives them to Kyle which is funny but he doesn’t do them all the time either, everything has to be his idea or he won’t do it.
- For example...he started showing interest in walking like months ago but than just stopped trying all together. We kept trying to get him to do it but he would just flop on the floor and have nothing to do with it. Than all of a sudden exactly a week ago (on July 4th) I was standing at my kitchen island packing our beach bag to go to great grandmas pool and I just looked like to see Noah walking!! All by himself!! He was by the big window beside my TV and walked all the way to the couch which is quite far. I was so shocked I didn’t know what to do I just stood there and watched him and than called Kyle!! It was so exciting. But later that day and for a few days after I would try and show people and he wouldn’t do it unless it was his idea. You would just have to watch him and he would just all of a sudden walk out of the blue haha. It is so cute! He does it a lot now. You can just put him down and he will just stand and start walking. The only thing he can’t do it stand up by himself and start walking. He has to crawl to something and use it to stand up and than go.
- He also decided he likes scrambled eggs and hashbrowns with ketchup of course!
- He LOVES blueberries! He will be playing around the house and I will sit on the couch with a container of blueberries and he will just come over and open his mouth and than go play and when he’s done he will come back for another one.
- He started only having one nap a day which was a great decision!! He has never been the best napper but it was getting to the point that I was fighting with him to have a second nap and I would just end up holding him for half of it and than he wouldn’t go to bed at night!! So we have one nap a day at around 12:30 or 1:00. Some days he will still have a little crash in the morning for like 20 minutes which is fine. Its almost like every few days he needs a little catch up haha. But he doesn’t fight me to sleep. I still rocking him to sleep which isn’t always convenient but I just try to remind myself that one day I will wish he would let me cuddle him to sleep. At least thats what I tell myself haha!
- He climbs everything, the couch which isn’t always successful but he tries haha. But the other day he rolled right out of the bath tub haha. I was going to the bathroom and I just look over and he is laying on the bath mat haha. I laughed so hard!! Silly boy!!
Posted by The Batter Bowl at 10:30 AM