Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Big 50!!

So this past Thursday (June 10th) was Kyle's moms 50th birthday and we all planned a surprise party! Of course I was assigned the cake haha! So here it is!! I was very happy with it! Cakes take a long time to prepare and so I just don't have that kind of time to do it very often anymore and so I was very happy with this cake and really enjoyed doing it because I spread all the jobs out between 3 days. I made the royal icing and made the daisy's on Tuesday, I made the leaves, cake filling and the cake on Wednesday and then on Thursday all I had to do was ice the cake and put it all together!! It was great and actually relaxing...I wasn't rushed and when I'm rushed that is what makes it not fun!!
I don't know if you can see much of the detail on the daisy's but I was so happy with myself because I finally figured out how to make the perfect daisy. I thought the yellow middles were a little to big of these ones but the petals are the hard part and I finally perfected them!!
Mom incase you didn't notice that is your cake stand haha! I stole it from your pantry!! haha I need a nice cake stand!!

All the girls in Kyle's side of the family so far plus Granny and Auntie May haha!
Donell loves my cakes....she has always thought they were amazing right from the very beginning when I first stared and they weren't very good then! But she loves it when I make her one! And look at the candles...they say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

4 comments:

Kendra said...

Great cake Liss!! You have so much talent :)

Mindy said...

Nice cakes Lester! I'm glad you've perfected your flowers!

Heather said...

It looks great! And I love the stand, tell your mom to get you one at Tai Pan, they have them pretty cheap, but I still haven't got one...

Unknown said...

Hey Liss!!!! Sweet Cake:). Your cakes keep getting better and better!! Good job.