Sunday, August 7, 2011

Busy Busy Busy....

So lately I have been busy doing something I love to do....doing wedding cakes :) I like doing other cakes to but my favorite thing is really weddings!! The first one was last weekend. It was something new because I have never done a cupcake wedding before and this girl wanted mini cupcakes....300 of them to be exact. It was quick to bake them but decorating them was a whole other story. haha they were so small and were so time consuming because I had to ice them than put pearls on and than transport them without them slideing haha. Luckily I have my best helper! my mother :) She is the best help. I did them at her house because first of all her oven is better than mine and so they bake quickly and second I had to deliver them to the Cranbrook Golf Course which is just by my moms house so that was easier to transport them than all the way from Jaffray. But they turned out great and they tasted great too! I know because we had leftovers and so I had a few :)
As for the second one. That was just yesterday. It was for my best friend Haley's older sister Lindsay so I really wanted to do a good job! This one was fun because I got to use chocolate fondant. I have used it before but not on a whole cake! I really think it turned out great and they absolutely loved it!! When I was done my whole house smelled so strong of chocolate! The cake was chocolate cake with chocolate fudge filling, chocolate fudge icing and than chocolate fondant on top! I talked to my friend and she said it tasted delicious!! I am very picky about my cakes tasteing just as good as them look!! To me that is a must :) Anyways I hope you enjoy the pictures! Spread the word to anyone having a future wedding!





This photot was taken by the photographer at the wedding!! So nice :)
The flower's were more light purple like this, the other photo's the lighting was just different so they look more pink but they were purple!!


I love the way it turned out! I put my shimmer spray on the cake and the flowers so everything had a nice glow :)

1 comments:

Mindy said...

Nice job Liss. The cake looks yummy :)