Monday, August 8, 2011

Second Annual Anderson Family Reunion!!!

This past weekend was a fun one! It was the second annual Anderson family reunion up at Tie Lake. It is nice that is it so close to home so everyone can come and go as they please. It all started on Thursday night when us girls planned a bridal shower for Scott's fiance Amber!! It turned out great!! I of course wanted to do the dessert :) I saw this idea of these cake "push-pops" a few months ago and have just been waiting for an excuse to do them. They were a lot of fun to do, not hard at all.
Ok so here are all the flavors I did!!





My dessert table at Amber's Shower!! I absolutely loved it haha :)

All of the Anderson girls finally completed!!

As for the rest of the weekend it was just fun and games at the lake. Everyone took a turn making a meal for everyone which was nice so you only had to cook once. Kyle and I also stayed up at the cabin which was great because when kyle was tired he just went to bed and I could stay up as late as I wanted ahah! Thursday night Rylee, Heidi, Amber and I stayed up just talking around the fire till 3:00am. I know we are stupid but it was fun. Than we all of a sudden heard a noise. It was a deer forsure but than Heidi said, "Hey guys I heard there was a cougar up here recently" and we all instantly ran to the house. If there really was a cougar watching us that night I am pretty sure I would have been the one to die haha because I can't exactly run with my crutch! But it was ok, we survived and the next morning we were so tired. We bummed around in our bathing suits all morning. We pretty much spent every moment we could Friday and Saturday on the boat! We were soooo lucky to get amazing weather, it was super hot and really for a weekend the lake wasn't very busy at all! On saturday we borrowed this air chair from some people we know on the lake and everyone got to try it out. I couldn't do it of course but it was fun to watch :) It is this ski thing you sit and strap yourself to and you like ski while sitting down, it's weird to explain was super cool. I was sick of watching everyone doing stuff and I couldn't so Kyle took kadie and I for a very slow tube ride :) Kadie likes to go fast and go over bumps but I can't do any of that right now. It was fun for me atleast just because I know I am fortunate to be able to even try haha!!
Anyways the weekend was great! Great food, weather, boating and most of all people! The Anderson family are great to me and they have a lot of love to give and for that I am grateful to be a part of it!
Heidi, Amber and Tessa on a crazy tube ride!!

Surfing :)
Kyle & Jacey
The boys decided it would be fun to hang off the back of the boat while it was moving!
Tyler, Scott and Kyle's human chain! The boat was still moving while this was going on haha!

The girls all LOVE buddy :)


Kyle using the air chair for the first time!



It was a great weekend! Can't wait till next year :)

1 comments:

Mindy said...

Fun. Your dessert table looked yummy!