Thursday, March 3, 2011

Hawaii!!

So Kyle and I are currently in Maui and we are loving it. We came with Kyle's brother Tyler and his wife Tessa. I would love to show some pictures of our trip so far but blogger won't let me upload them from my iPad so I guess I will have to do that when I get home! But I can tell you about some of our trip so far!!
On our way here we missed our connecting flight in San Francisco and we had to sit in the airport for the next flight to Maui for 5 hours! That really sucked! The plane ride was fine but for some reason it felt like it was taking forever!! There was one point in the flight where I heard some flight attendants talking about where we were in the flight and I turned to Kyle and said, "If we were going to Australia we would still have around 9 1/2 hours to go!" Haha seriously I don't know how I did it! I must have just been so excited! Anyways we finally made it and we got a mustang convertible for our rental car! It has been great having a convertible in this hot weather! Our first day we went snorkeling and we saw some sea turtles!! It was so exciting to see them! That is the only under water animal Kyle and I did not see in the water in Australia so we were hoping we would see some! We have also gone to a whole bunch of different beaches! Tessa had never been boogie boarding before and she did not really care to try it but we convinced her to go swimming and give it a try and she totally loved it!! She wants to do it all the time now haha! On Sunday we found a church and went and than afterwards we drove up to another place called Lahani where we did some shopping and walking around! We got to see this huge tree that coves 2/3 of an acre!! It is seriously crazy big! We climbed in it for a while and got some pretty funny pictures of us in it! After Tessa said she has discovered she really likes climbing tree's haha! We ate at a Bubba Gump shrimp restaurant for dinner! It was nice because it was right on the water and we got to watch the sun set. The best part of Sunday was we got to go to one of the jewelery stores and I got to open some oysters and got some pearls! They make you do this whole thing where you pick an oyster and you tap it three times with these tongs and then everyone there says with you ALOHA! Haha and then they open it for you! I got to open 3 oysters! I got a few of them made into jewelry! I got a necklace with my peacock colored pearl and I got some earring with my pink pearls I got! I was so excited! We have also went to a luau which was fun and the pina coladas were great. We also went on this day long drive called the road to Hana and we got to see a bunch of water falls and swim in their pools! We had to hike around sometimes and there were so many spiders everywhere. It was horrible!! I don't know how I did it but I made it and did not let it stop me from having fun! Yesterday we got up and went to watch the sunrise on top of the huge volcano here! We were up very early but it was so cool! The colours in the sky before the sun rises are amazing! We all came back to the condo and had a nap after though! And as for today well we just got back from snorkeling again!
We are having so much fun here! I have been collecting sand bottles from some of the beaches and so far i have gold sand, red sand, salt and pepper sand and total black sand! We only have 2 more days and then we have to come home! As much as I love it here I am excited
to come home! I miss my buddy haha! I know he is just a dog but I do love him a lot!
But that is all for now! I will upload some pictures of the trip as soon as I can!

1 comments:

Mindy said...

Sounds like so much fun! I wish I was there with you. I've always wanted to swim by waterfalls! And I am very proud of you for hiking with the spiders! You have done alot though, sounds like you'll need a vacation from your vacation! Good thing you're coming to see me soon!!