Monday, April 11, 2011

My cleaning dead line :)

So lately I have been feeling like I have so much to do before my surgery date. Like I have been wanting to do a crazy overhaul organization of my house for a while now but just havn't found the time but since I made my surgery date I have been feeling like I have a dead line because I know people will be in my house helping me out and I don't want them to think I'm a slob. I know I'm not a slob but sometimes I feel like my house is always a mess and it is never going to get clean! Anyways so I have been focusing on my spare bedroom because that is where the main mess is. In my house there are no linen closets just the 2 closets in the bedrooms. Our bedroom closet is full of clothes of course :) so that leaves only the spare bedroom closet for storage. I got these plastic dresser things that I stacked in one side of the closet and I labeled all the drawers and if that certain category of stuff, such as crafts, doesn't fit in one drawer well that it has got to go! I know this is big for me. I just have this fear that I could become a really big horder because I like to keep things and I get silly attachments to things so I think if I start trying to do these kind of things early enough in life it won't happen :) On Friday I took 4 boxes of stuff, mainly old clothes like basketball stuff and pajamas and old sweaters, to the thrift store with my mom and I had a little bit of a crying moment. I know some of you may think I am stupid but in one of those boxes were all of my eeyore Pj's and I really loved eeyore from winnie the pooh when I was a little girl so that was very hard for me. I felt stupid but my mom said I wasn't stupid...but I knew I didn't need them anymore and I wasn't going to EVER wear them again haha! It made me feel better when my mom said that because my Pj's were still really nice that some family was probably going to buy them and give them to their kids to make them happy and that made me feel better! I am glad I did it because when I go home and see them not filling up my house it is a nice feeling. I like organization but I kinda suck it. I am alright at getting it to begin with but I when it come to keeping it that way....that is another story!

4 comments:

Mindy said...

I can't believe you still have eeyore pjs! Lol. You are funny. Congrats on ending your hording-ness

Mindy said...

do you suck it or suck at it in regards to organization:) haha

Mindy said...

That was Brian who left that last comment

The Batter Bowl said...

I am assuming by that comment that there is a typo in this post haha! Very funny Bri Bri!