Sunday, January 12, 2014

Our Mexican Christmas!

So even with our rough start our trip was not ruined and we made it mexico with no problems! We arrived on the 21st of December and Mindy & Brian met us there the day after we arrived. Noahs initial recation to everything was pure excitment until he got to the ocean and he turned and ran as fast as he could haha. He was pretty scared of the ocean almost the whole 2 weeks we were there. He kind of warmed up to it by the time we left but when I say warmed up I mean he was ok with the sand but if the water came to close he was very quick to run and scream haha! The first day on the beach I had to hold Noah on my lap for probably over a half hour until he was ok to sit beside me on the sand. But despite that he absolutely loved the pool! We brought some water wings with us and by the second day in the pool he understood how to balance himself with them and he wanted to swim all by himself! It was very exciting to see his face as he was discovering this new exciting thing! We were in the pool at least once a day, sometimes twice! Noah got so good in the water he could jump in all by himself, go completely under and pop back up and just start swimming all with a smile on his face!! He absolutley loved doing that! Even though we were very far away from home Christmas morning was still great! Noah is a little small to understand things yet but Sanat brought him this big set of 6 different kind of John Deer tractors and he loved them! So even though he didn't understand what was going on it was fun to watch him smile with his new toys. As long as I have my family with me I am fine to be anywhere for Christmas! Christmas day we had a lady cook us a big turkey dinner and we invited the Robertson's over and my Aunt Tammy and Uncle Darrell and all my cousins were in mexico to so we still had a really fun get together with family and friends! Overall the trip was amazing! We had record high tempertures for December which was wonderful! I think I wore a light jacket one evening but I was the only one. We went out to a bunch of our favourite restaurants of course such as Taco Loco! I am pretty sure Kyle and the guys went there like 6 times! They love it! My mom took us to the this new little restauarant on the beach that was so secluded but it was great because the tables were in the sand so the kids just played the whole time! Kyle and I went down town twice and did some typical market shopping. We bought Noah and his 2 baby cousins at home matching hooded ponchos! They are were cute! But the second night we were down there we went for dinner at this sqaure and there was a live band playing songs for hours! It was so much fun. The kids danced the whole time! Kyle and I went for Linny, Ty & Jordan to go see the cliff divers one day. Just an excuse to get out. But probably my favourite thing we did was go the MazAuga!! It is a sweet waterpark in Mazatlan that is so cheep and the best part is there was so many rides and hardly any people and there are no rules haha so you can pretty much do whatever you want!! We got there when it first opened at 10 and we pretty much stayed all day! It was such a great day!! They have a great kids water park so even the kids had a great time!!
But while we were gone our family had a few first's that I wanted to write about:

> As I have already said Noah learned how to swim!! He will be 18 Months old on January 8th and I feel he is growing up way to fast!! But I love to see his big smile when he starts swimming. He is always so proud of himself!!

> I felt our new baby move for the first time in my belly! I think I have felt it a few times before but wasn't sure but I know I can feel it now. It is unmistakable!

> Noah learned how to say "no" by shaking his head. It is really nice because it is one more thing he can do to show me how he is feeling. But if you go up to him and just start saying "no no no no..." he will laugh and just start shaking his head no haha!

> Noah made his first animal sound. If I ever try and teach him animals or try to get him to copy me he just laughs or smiles but while we were in Mexico he really had a love for birds and being in the pent house you saw them fly by out on the deck all the time so we would always ask Noah where the birds were when he was upset as a distraction. Well one day I told him to call the birds and say "Tweet Tweet" and he copied me and said "Teet Teet!" It was so cute!!

> So Kyle taught Noah how to give high fives a while ago but he would only give them to kyle but while we were gone he started giving them to me and now he does it all the time!!

> Oh and I almost forgot not only did I feel our new little baby move my stomach has officially popped! I definatly look pregnant now which is exciting!

































1 comments:

Mindy said...

That last picture made me laugh. What a nerd