Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Our sick little boy :(

So this christmas was a little different for our family. We decided to spend it in Mazatlan, Mexico! Counting down to the day we left was very exciting because we all couldn't wait to enjoy some nice warm weather but right before we left Noah decided to take a turn for the worst and we ended up spending a night in the hospital! At one point we weren't even sure if we would be going to Mexico with everyone but int the end all we wanted was for our little boy to get better. It all came on very quickly. He seemed normal the days leading up to everything, had a bit of a runny nose but nothing out of the ordinary. But then on Wednesday I had to come in early for a Midwife appointment and the whole drive to town he was very unhappy and cried and such the whole way. I left Noah with my mom and I wasnt gone very long, maybe an hour, but by the time I was done Noah had become very upset and not well. I went on with my day with my mom, let him have a nap there thinking he would be happier when he woke up but that didn't happen. It finally got to a point I got a little worried because his breathing started to get very weasey and forced that I tried to get into any doctor I could but had no luck. Finally at the end of the work day I finally got into one at 4:30 and they thoguht he possibly was developing croup which I wasn't completely sure if that was the case but I thought it was worth a shot. Anyways I went straight to the pharmacy to get the medicine and ended up waiting almost an hour and a half which was HORRIBLE!! If I knew it was going to be that long I would have left and came back because Noah was so unhappy. I was the one in the store with the screaming kid! But at first they just told me it would be no more than 30 minutes and they would push him to the front of the line. But they just kept coming out and saying a little bit longer. Well finally after the longest wait ever they said it was ready but when they were giving it to me they said, "Well we have this other medication that is the same thing but instead of a huge bottle it is just a small 5ml dose. Would you like that?" Of course I said yes because Noah had croupe about a month ago and giving him this medicine is torture for the both of us. But then he told me it would be another half hour and just broke down in tears. I was so embarrased but I couldn't help myself. It was a very hard day and all I wanted to do was go home and help my little boy! Anyways I oventually got home around 7:00 and kyle was up at his parents house some I went straight up there. We weren't even there for 20 minutes and Noah started throwing up everywhere and then went completely limp and white. His breathing was getting worse as the day went but by this time it was almost nothing and I got very nervous so we ran home, got some clothes and such and went straight back into town. Luckily we did because we ended up spending the night in the hospital. Your oxygen level is supposed to be around 100 normally and the highest Noah could ever get without help was around 80 which was scary. You could see it on the outside of his throut and chest him struggling to breath. And he didn't even squirm when they had to poke and check him or even when we would put the mask on his face. He was no very responsive it was very sad. Anyways they deiagnosed him with having bronchitis which I guess it pretty serious in babies so we were lucky that we caught it right away otherwise there woud have been no way we could have taken him to Mexico. He made an amazing recovery we were discharged the next afternoon. They gave us a puffer with a mask we had to give him every 4 hours even during the night and we did that for almost our whole trip.

0 comments: