Thursday, August 12, 2010

Exciting News!

So I have always thought it would be cool to do cakes as a mini side business but with my real job and all my other hobbies and just life I just always talk myself out of it and say, "No Liss it will just stress you out and it won't be fun. Try to keep the fun in the work!" So I haven't ever tried to pursue anything. But over the last couple years I have done some thing here and there for family and I have done a couple wedding cakes for some friends which I really like. Anyways as of right now I have a wedding cake booked for Friday August 20th, another wedding cake booked for Saturday August 21st and another one booked for Saturday August 28th. And the crazy part about it is all of these people came to me, I had nothing to do with it! It will be crazy I know but I am not working now and so I have a lot of time to prepare slowly and make sure I have time to have fun during it all :) I am so excited... maybe I my little cake business will actually become something someday haha! No not really...I think I like just doing it casually out of my home! And once work starts back up in September I know I won't have much time for it again but I guess summer comes every year and it seems that is the crazy times for weddings and with my job I am always off work in the summer:) Maybe I will just call it a summer job where I can work my own hours whenever I want :) Thats the best kind right?

Also I got booked for a little girls birthday party in October already! And I have already come up with the cutest idea and the mom loves it so I will have to make sure to post a picture when the time comes!! I guess thats how I have attracted people, I put up pictures of everything I have done and people like it so they contact me :) I am so excited! Wish me luck in the next couple weeks! Its going to be great!!!!

1 comments:

Nicole said...

Your cakes are great Melissa and your range of decorating is so diverse! If I lived closer I would hire you to! Keep it going and I'm sure your business dream will come true!